Arts & Culture
Arts, culture and heritage are important to Amherst’s economy and quality of life. Effective leadership, strong policy, and inviting events and opportunities, celebrate and protect the unique character of the Town; attract residents and tourists; and promote Amherst as the gateway to Nova Scotia’s culture and heritage. Our
Arts, Culture & Heritage Strategy
outlines several outcomes that we work toward in partnership with community organizations:
- A vibrant and diversified economy.
- An interesting and active downtown.
- An increase in visitors and tourists to Amherst.
- A town attractive to new residents and exciting for all residents.
- A business sector connected to and supportive of arts, culture and heritage.
- Many volunteers engaged in the delivery of arts, culture and heritage.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Wide appreciation of the contribution arts, cultural and heritage makes to the wellbeing of the Town.
- Development of authentically “Amherst” arts, culture and heritage.
- Preservation and celebration of Amherst’s built and cultural heritage.