Town hall hours
TOWN HALL HOURS - Amherst Town Hall is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday, with some modifications in place to accomodate COVID-19 public health protocols.
To ensure the protection of customers and staff , the following will apply to those entering the town hall:
- Public access will be limited to between 10 a.m. and noon and between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)
- Customers making payments or dropping off or picking up documents such as applications, etc will be required to enter town hall through the front door to the right of the building and exit through the door to the left.
- After completing their business, customers are asked to exit the building as soon as safety permits.
- The number of customers permitted in the lobby at one time will be five (5) and the two-metre physical distancing requirements will in effect.
- Customer meetings (other than reception) will be by appointment only. Phone or video meetings are encouraged whenever possible.
- All appointments are required to be scheduled in advance.
- Those requiring the use of the accessible entrance, making deliveries and attending pre-arranged appointments will be required to enter town hall via the ramp on the left side of the building.