Arts, culture and heritage are important to Amherst’s economy and quality of life. Effective leadership, strong policy, and inviting events and opportunities, celebrate and protect the unique character of the Town; attract residents and tourists; and promote Amherst as the gateway to Nova Scotia’s culture and heritage. Our
Arts, Culture & Heritage Strategy
outlines several outcomes that we work toward in partnership with community organizations:
- A vibrant and diversified economy.
- An interesting and active downtown.
- An increase in visitors and tourists to Amherst.
- A town attractive to new residents and exciting for all residents.
- A business sector connected to and supportive of arts, culture and heritage.
- Many volunteers engaged in the delivery of arts, culture and heritage.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Wide appreciation of the contribution arts, cultural and heritage makes to the wellbeing of the Town.
- Development of authentically “Amherst” arts, culture and heritage.
- Preservation and celebration of Amherst’s built and cultural heritage.