Goals & Objectives
The following goals and objectives of the Town of Amherst were adopted by Council in January 2003. They are intended to be a guide to Council and staff for the next few years. This is by no means a complete road map of what we have to do, but will help to focus our efforts. We believe it is an important step in making the future of Amherst bright and successful.
It is the intention of this council to work towards and achieve financial self sufficiency. When achieved, the Town will be able to operate completely on revenues that it generates without reliance on senior government funding.
- Council will strive to make Amherst the best place to live in the Maritimes.
- The Town of Amherst is committed to the development of workplace excellence.
- The Town will strive towards complete customer satisfaction. While this is an extremely difficult goal for any organization to reach, it will be a guiding principle for our Town.
- The Town of Amherst will focus on active inter-governmental relations. It is our goal to develop solid and continuing relationships with other levels of government and other municipalities.
- The Town is making a firm commitment to long range planning. It will aim to have a long range plan in place and to review and update the plan annually.
- The Town will maximize viable economic development opportunities whenever they arise. The Town is committed to economic growth in order to broaden our tax base and provide employment for our citizens.